Wifey's new clothes

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I don't mind a spot of clothes shopping here and there, but since I had Chanbe, my body has changed somewhat and many of my old clothes didn't quite fit right. So I culled. Big time. I donated all the clothes that I hadn't worn since Chance was born, and many of the clothes I had been keeping "just in case my body morphs again and I fit into them some day." I figure, in 10 years time after we've had our 7th baby (ha ha ha ha ha) I won't be looking to fit into the clothes I had 10 years before. I'll want to buy new stuff. So I let them go.

Some of the items hadn't even been worn, as I had bought them years ago thinking "when I lose weight" blah blah blah. Well I did lose some weight a few years ago, but those things, mainly skirts, never suited my body type. So to Vinnies they went. In the last few weeks, I have been practically buying a new wardrobe. We had some money come in that we had been waiting for, and finally we could relax a bit with our super-strict budget, and splurge a little bit.

I still bought most of my stuff from KMart and Target, and as much as I love op-shopping, it was really lovely to buy some new stuff. I also bought some super-cute dresses on an online store (after trying stuff on at a shop to get my size) and I cannot wait for them to turn up! And it turns out that my complete body shape/type change has worked in my favour in many ways. First of all, I could never before fit into Target trousers, but the other day I bought 6 pairs of pants in the one go! 6!!! And I don't mind saying, they look pretty darn cute!

This is one of the first times in my life that I have bought a whole bunch of clothes that fit beautifully right now. Not clothes that I buy because they're on sale and they're 1 or 2 sizes too small for me and I stash them in my cupboard and they sit there taunting me, waiting for me to lose the weight I keep promising myself I'll lose. No. I'm buying for who I am right now, which means, also for the first time (maybe just in a long time) I'm accepting myself for who I am, and what I look like. Not just accepting, but loving. I tell you, as a girl who has struggled with body image for a looooonnnnng time, this is a damn nice place to be.

I can't wait to show you some of the outfits!

0 comments: to “ Wifey's new clothes so far...