#098 - Compliment a stranger...

Friday, June 28, 2013

... on what they are wearing if I like it.

This is part of my challenge to complete 101 things in 1001 days. 
See my full list here, and the inspiration behind the 101 things in 1001 days challenge here.

So she wasn't exactly a stranger, but I had just met her. I have started attending a different playgroup, and a Mum I hadn't met before was there and she was wearing a really pretty top. I thought "I really should say something" and if it weren't for my 101 in 1001 days, it probably would have stayed as just a thought. So I looked for an opportunity to tell her. Then I got nervous. I told myself "I can do it another day with someone else" but realised I was making dumb excuses. So I just jumped in.

"I really like your top. It's a lovely colour!"

She looked a bit taken aback but seemed to really appreciate the compliment. She told me where she had bought it (MYER) and she wasn't sure if it suited her (which I assured her it did) and we talked for a couple more minutes about nothing much. It felt good!

0 comments: to “ #098 - Compliment a stranger... so far...