Dorothy got it right

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

There's no place like home. We have had such an amazing time in Brisbane; staying with Gran and Grumpy, catching up with family and friends, and spending amazing quality time with people. But it's time to go home. I miss Hubs (he went home 11 days ago to get back to work) and I miss our little routine we had going on up in Townsville. I need to feel settled again.

But things won't stay settled for long. Hubs' final rotation is in Ingham (chicken, love'm) so we will be packing up in the next 2 months, putting our belongings in storage, and moving in to a 2 bedroom unit for the 10 week rotation. And after that? Well, the jury is still out, but we will hopefully find out in the next month or so. 

This has probably been one of the best Brisbane visits I've had in years. I really wanted to have one-on-one time with people, as I find when we have lots of people over at once, it's just too hard to have an in-depth conversation, and I leave feeling exhausted, but not really knowing what anyone is up to. Not this time. I can leave tomorrow, feeling closer to my family and friends than I've felt in years.

A few more highlights:

We turned Quinn's seat around! 

Chanbe visited a fire station!

Chanbe drove Gran's boat: (in the driveway...)

Even though packing awaits, I can't wait to get home. The last move was pretty horrendous, and I believe no other move could be any worse than that, so I'm rather unfazed by it all. Plus, we have more of a plan this time around! I have quite a few of my 101 in 1001 to give you updates on, so I'll be back soon!

0 comments: to “ Dorothy got it right so far...