The birthday week

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'm sure I've shared with you here that years ago, my Dad decided that he would no longer celebrate his birthday on just one day, instead declaring a "birthday week" which would include the days before and after his birthday as well. So being his birthday yesterday, we had people over for dinner last night. Today we had birthday cake with the kids, and tomorrow we are making him birthday breakfast.

I love that my Dad's only wish for his birthday was to have his kids and grandkids around, and we were very happy to help out with that. He gets so much pleasure from having Chanbe and Quindy around, and I'm so pleased we were here to celebrate with him.

Happy birthday Dad. I hope I am as happy and blessed as you are when I hit your age ;-)

0 comments: to “ The birthday week so far...