The previous post

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I just thought I'd inform you that the previous post was something I wrote during a creative writing workshop over the weekend. I attended a three day celebrants conference down the Gold Coast and it was so fantastic. I met some great celebrants, one of whom lived in Redcliffe and was kind enough to give me a lift home on the Sunday, and learned some invaluable skills to take to future weddings.

I've been wanting to revamp my methods and ways I run my weddings and I have heaps of ideas to try out over the next 4 weddings I have booked in the next little while. It also confirmed in me that I really want to give this Celebrant gig a good go. It's a bit tricky in Mount Isa - not many people actually come to Mount Isa to get married - but I'll certainly be trying none-the-less.

Anyway, the creative writing workshop was really challenging and a lot of fun. I'm not big on that style of writing but when given a task to complete in 5 minutes - write about your favourite song or piece of music and how it makes you feel - I was immediately excited to give it a go. And I was really happy with how it turned out, as was the facilitator. I think I'd like to challenge myself a bit more with my writing; both here on the blog as well as in my wedding ceremonies.

It's going to be fun!

0 comments: to “ The previous post so far...